Due to COVID-19 the regular Wednesday teaching has had to be moved from face-to-face, to online sessions. Initially, we will do this via Zoom. Please sign yourself up for an account. Sessions will be held at 12:00pm on teaching days on the scheduled teaching days.
On this page we’ll post education and guidelines that we’d like you to have a look at to support your practice in the Emergency Department during the rest of your scheduled teaching time. Please share any questions you have with the team at work, and a huge thanks for being flexible with us whilst we try and maintain you training during this period.
We’re now trying to investigate ways that we can deliver practical teaching in a safe manner, thanks for bearing with us whilst we work on this. Your hard work and support is hugely appreciated!
July 1st 2020
June 17th 2020
June 3rd 2020
- RCEMLearning June 2020; LoDED study (rule out troponin strategies), Top 5 trauma papers, Neurosurgical Emergencies, Peripheral Vasopressors, VTE guidelines, Thirst guided iv fluids
- St Emlyns; COVID Journal Club #7
- The Resus Room; Transfers
May 20th 2020
May 6th 2020
- New NICE guidelines for managing VTE; St Emlyns
- COVID and blood clots; ST Emlyns
- RCEMLearning; including 2019 AKI guidelines
- Pelvic Injury; The Resus Room
April 29th 2020
- RCEM series of blogs/podcasts/saqs related to older people from the cancelled CPD conference.
- The stopp start toolkit is an example of how to review older people’s medications.
April 15th 2020
April 1st 2020
- COVID-19 Oxygen Guideline UHBristol
March 18th 2020
- NHS England; Clinical guide for the management of emergency department patients during the coronavirus pandemic. 17 March 2020 Version 1
- Radiology decision tool for COVID-19; BSTI
- NIV podcast; REBEL EM